Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Whats for dinner? Crow? Sounds great

OOF! Thats the sound I make when I realize I am wrong. Sometimes its a little heavier on the OOO, but I digress...

Yeah, so about that last post. Totally kidding. I probably should have waited for a few more stats to normalize before I started spouting off about my beloved A's. We now sit a full 8 games back and have 9 of our last 10. I don't think the bubble burst, I think I dropped the bottle of suds before I even had a chance to have fun. The rotation is in shambles, with Anderson out a minimum of 6 weeks, Braden done for the year, and McCarthy still on the DL. The (lack of) offense is tied with the non-mashers up in Seattle for the fewest runs scored in the AL, at 244. The best news lately that we've heard is that Anderson doesn't need TJS,and Bailey is back from the DL. Oh yeah, one more thing...

BEST MAN BOB IS GONE!!!

Yep, "Mr. I can't work a bullpen correctly to save my life" is finally gone! Now I don't want to celebrate the firing of a human being from the job, but when one shows utterly incredible failures in 3 straight seasons, loses the respect of a major bullpen arm and voice in Fuentes, and according to the papers, lost the Clubhouse as well, then it is certainly time to move on. He's been replaced on an interim basis by Bob Melvin.

Personally, I think managing a MLB baseball team is relatively easy. This is how I see the job description of my manager in no particular order:

-Navigate the media
-Communicate with your players
-Construct the ideal lineup, preferably with some solid reasoning behind it, or dare I say, even something like this:
-Set the rotation
-Juggle the starters and bench players to keep everyone sharp and fresh
-Manage the bullpen

Now I'm sure I'm missing some things here, but that has to cover at least 80% of the job. Call me a minimalist here, but come on, what else is there? Whatevs. I meant to post this like a week ago as soon as the news broke that we got Melvin. Whatevs.

*sigh*

Really, the only point of this post is to mock myself and my blind faith of my last post. Heres to the playoffs...next...decade?

No comments:

Post a Comment