Saturday, July 23, 2011

My trade analysis

Here are my 3 finished trades, and my current pending trade:

March 28
Traded for: Juan Pierre, 2012 8th rounder
Traded away: Seth Smith, 2012 29th rounder
Seeing that my team sorely lacked SB, and needing the scrappy, speedy, leadoff-esque man that every team needs, I traded an 8th Round pick in 2012 and Seth Smith for Juan Pierre. Guess who's dissapointed? This guy.

April 8
Traded for: Youkilis, Tulo, Rios, 26-29 2012 draft picks
Traded away: Scutaro, McClouth, Peralta, 1, 3, 5, 7 2012 draft picks.
I win now, he wins later. Well, thats how it was supposed to go. Rios died, so did Pierre. Youk hit an injury bump but is ok, and Tulo is Tulo. Good trade at the time, poor result. Chalk it up to Unforseen Consequences*

July 7
Traded for: Street, Bailey, 28 and 29 2012 draft picks
Traded away: 11 and 17th round 2012 draft picks
Delusions of granduer struck me and when I awoke, I decided all this team was missing was saves! So I completely stomped on the holy SAGNOF rule, and boned myself next year even more.

Pending, already been accepted trade:
Traded for: D. Hudson, Beachy, Maybin, 29th 2012 draft pick
Traded away: 4th round 2012 draft pick
Fully in re-build (or re-non-fuck-myself-anymore) mode. I decided to do another trade. I'm hoping Beachy is for real, Hudson gets his K's up, and maybe next year I can move these guys again for more picks in 2013. 2012 is dead to me, so I'm kinda like the Mayans that way.

*If you know what video game that level name is from, I will give you a kiss. Here's a hint: Crowbar.

Now of course trades aren't the only way to spice things up in the fantasy world. The Waiver wire/Free Agency is often the cheapest, but leanest way as well, of improving your team. I have made the second most moves in the league this year, 42. Many of those are simple pitching streaming moves, but some have a little more detail. For a change of pace, here's me rewarding myself on a few fantasy baseball moves:

Pitchers that have worked out:
Parnell, Luebke, Rauch, Fister, J. Wright, Crain, Gregerson, Stauffer, Nathan. I still have Parnell, Luebke, Rauch and Nathan on my team to this day. All these guys were performed brilliantly for me in small samples. If only the rest of my team worked out so well...

Hitters that worked out:
J. Weeks, B. Allen, Lucroy, Salty, Bay. It's a little leaner of a list, but all these guys I picked up and hung on to for a bit. I still have Salty, Weeks and Allen on on team...which explains how I'm somehow not winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment